This 1 hour course, presented by Professor John Berg, gives key background information on the disease the surgery is indicated for, and covers peri-operative care, potential complications, and prognosis.
The course includes a detailed video and quiz to check your understanding. Upon successful completion, you'll receive a personalized CE/CPD certificate.
This course is aimed at all clinical staff and veterinary surgeons.
What You Will Learn
Topics covered in this course includes:
- Risk factors for GDV
- Lifetime risk for GDV in large and giant breed dogs
- Signs of GDV
- Radiographic appearance of GDV
- Systemic sequelae of GDV
- Gastric decompression; orogastric tube vs trocarization
- Determining of the direction of volvulus and repositioning the stomach
- Assessing splenic and gastric viability
- Methods of gastric resection
- Incisional gastropexy
- Mortality rate of GDV
About The Provider
Professor John Berg is a well-known Founding Fellow in Surgical Oncology and an honorary member of the Veterinary Society of Surgical Oncology, he is also the author of numerous original articles and book chapters on a variety of topics in soft tissue surgery and surgical oncology.