Develop your knowledge and understanding of lower respiratory tract disease in reptiles. This is a one-part course that can also be taken as part of the Lower respiratory tract disease disorders course bundle.
This module looks at pathogenesis, diagnosis, treatment, and outcomes of lower respiratory tract disease in reptiles, including:Cause
– infectious (eg bacterial, viral, fungal, parasitic) and non-infectious (eg trauma, foreign bodies, neoplasia).Signs
– depend on the cause.Diagnosis
– hematology and biochemistry, diagnostic imaging, endoscopy, virology, bacterial and fungal cultures, parasitology, cytology, and histopathology.Treatment
– systemic antibiotic and antifungal medications, nebulization, mucolytics, coupage, correction of underlying predisposing causes, maintenance oat the upper end of the preferred optimum temperature zone.Prognosis
– fair to guarded depending on the cause. Support and Resources
This online module includes an e-Book with content from Vetstream's Vetlexicon Exotis (reptiles) followed by a quiz leading to a personalized certificate. Written by s
ome of the world's leading veterinarians, ensuring accuracy and depth of content.
This course was written and peer-reviewed by:
- Tariq Abou-Zahr
- Yvette Rowntree
This module is worth approximately 30 minutes of CPD.